Colour font discussion in 2002

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 27 05:24:22 CST 2020

Now that colour font technology is well-established, some readers might
find the thread that I started on Monday 24 June 2002 in the Unicode
mail list archives of historical interest.

https://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2002-m06/

https://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2002-m07/

Please note that my email address used at that time is not one that I
use now.

I tried to work out ways to encode colour font technology at various
times over about the next decade.

So  when I saw the solution that Microsoft produced I was very impressed
by the elegant and straightforward way that the people at Microsoft
encoded colour fonts, as that elegant way to achieve the result had not
occurred to me.

William Overington

Friday 27 November 2020