QID Emoji (from Re: Wireless Connection Symbol)

wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Fri May 29 11:32:08 CDT 2020

Re: QID Emoji (from Re: Wireless Connection Symbol)

!123

Markus Scherer wrote as follows.

> I think many people would not like the limitation to the ASCII
> repertoire which requires that the word is in English or a few other
> languages where all or some words can be reasonably spelled that way.

> Part of the attraction of symbols is also a lesser dependence on
> language.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/locse027.pdf

In another thread, (Re: QID Emoij), James Kass wrote as follows.

> Even in Basic Latin English there's more than that for the concept.

> Hello, good day, good morning/evening/afternoon, howdy...

> Beyond English there's a myriad of ways.

> Bonjour, guten tag, Здравствуйте, &c.

There is also, in my research project,

!123

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/A_List_of_Code_Numbers_and_English_Localizations_for_use_in_Research_on_Communication_through_the_Language_Barrier_using_encoded_Localizable_Sentences.pdf

There are also other research documents and two novels, one novel
completed in 2019, and a sequel, being published as chapters as each
chapter is completed.

They are available online, free to read, no registration needed, and the
webspace is hosted on a PlusNet server, not on my computer. I upload
over the internet. All of the documents and the novels are deposited for
Legal Deposit with The British Library, and Legal Deposit receipted by
The British Library.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/

!987

William Overington