Why do the Hebrew Alphabetic Presentation Forms Exist

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 22:59:27 CDT 2020

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 7:21 PM abrahamgross--- via Unicode
<unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> YES, THIS!
>
> I've been thinking about writing a proposal for the double story "a" so that I can send an unambiguous IPA transcription - even to ppl with devices that have the U0061 “a” as a single storey "a" - but I don't want to spend a ton of time on something thatll get rejected…

I understand the argument, but it's been over a quarter century since
IPA was encoded with U+0061 standing for the IPA a, and it seems long
past changing.

--
The standard is written in English . If you have trouble understanding
a particular section, read it again and again and again . . . Sit up