Mail archive link

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Jul 25 12:54:37 CDT 2020

Hello.

Steffen Nurpmeso via Unicode wrote in
<20200720155657.6-gWB%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 |<20200720151407.ET24c%steffen at sdaoden.eu>:
 ||Doug Ewell via Unicode wrote in
 ||<002a01d65e12$5d442e60$17cc8b20$@ewellic.org>:

 |||I suggest, in all seriousness, that Ken or Rick or somebody compose \
 |||a detailed FAQ about the Great Server Crash of 2020, something to which \
 |||we can point curious people instead of pointing them to the new archive \
 |||to hunt for clues. (Yes, there is a new archive: https://corp.unicode.or\
 |||g/mailman/listinfo/unicode)
 ||It actully makes me even more thankful to be able to use those
 ||wonderful public services like Gmane / Gmene / mail-archive which
 ||also i use for many years.
 ||Some subscribers seem to have been lost, or maybe they reject
 |I have also asked whether it is because of corpse.unicode server
 |address[1].
 |
 |  [1] https://www.mail-archive.com/gossip@mail-archive.com/msg01599.html

Jeff Breidenbach has answered:

  Jeff Breidenbach wrote in
  <CAHjiUbqFmzAhdABSYx_P_W7YPMQ2XW4iST_5T04XzF5W_2VBDw at mail.gmail.com>:
   |Hi Steffen,
   |
   |I checked and for whatever reason, they simply aren't sending email to
   |archive at mail-archive.com. No idea why. If you can help make that happen,
   |archiving will work again.

So i hope the Unicode list administrators can make it happen that

  archive at mail-archive.com

will get copies of the messages again?!  It would be hard to
believe that the archive of such an impressive endeavour like
Unicode has been moved consciously to a closed circle.

   |While we are talking, I wants folks to know that the Mail Archive itself is
   |running fine (knock on wood). But I can't keep up with the support requests
   |though, so sorry to everyone affected by that.
 --End of <CAHjiUbqFmzAhdABSYx_P_W7YPMQ2XW4iST_5T04XzF5W_2VBDw at mail.gmail\
 .com>

Ciao, and a nice (and virus etc. free) Weekend everybody!

--steffen