Italics get used to express important semantic meaning, so unicode should support them

William_J_G Overington wjgo_10009 at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 14 10:29:30 CST 2020

Asmus Freytag wrote:

> But you need to be successful first :)

Indeed.

An invention of mine, a container for which needs encoding into Unicode
in order to achieve successful unambiguous interoperability, has been
banned from being discussed in this mailing list and blocked from going
before The Unicode Technical Committee because it has been deemed
without explanation to be "out of scope".

Yet scope can change according to need, yet discussion of scope also has
been blocked from being discussed in the mailing list.

My posts have been placed on permanent moderated posts status so as to
stop such discussion taking place.

So, at present, the bar is far too high for me to be able to achieve my
goal of successful unambiguous interoperability for the invention.

Unless discussion and fair consideration by The Unicode Technical
Committee is allowed then that success will be impossible and a
futuristic invention will never achieve its full potential.

Encoding into Unicode would also guarantee that the technique is applied
in a non-proprietary manner.

William Overington

Monday 14 December 2020