[off topic] Code2003 is a rip-off

James Kass jameskasskrv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:23:30 CDT 2020

There's a font called Code2003 which is available for download on
various web sites.  Most of its glyphs were stolen from my fonts
Code2000 and Code2001.  Several ranges included in the font which were
not covered by my fonts were likely stolen from elsewhere.  For example,
for the range "Miscellaneous Symbols and Pictographs", its "developer"
simply stole the glyphs from the Unicode chart for that range as found
on the Unicode web site.  (Although some of those glyphs were modified
by mirroring or slight rotation.  Please see attached graphic.)

The extended font information contained within Code2003 lists me as its
developer and contains broken links to my old web site and e-mail
address.  I am not affiliated with "St. Gigafont", I do not steal glyphs
from the Unicode web site charts, and Code2003 is being distributed
without my permission or authorization.

Some download web sites request donations.  Any donations are going to
"St. Gigafont", not to me.

This e-mail is a "heads-up" both to other font developers whose work may
have been stolen and to The Unicode Consortium itself because the PDF
charts are copyrighted and may use copyrighted fonts. Please forward
this e-mail to interested parties.

Best regards,

James Kass