Will TAGALOG LETTER RA, currently in the pipeline, be in the next version of Unicode?

Doug Ewell via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Oct 11 17:04:54 CDT 2019

Ken Whistler wrote:

> So, in general, no, you can *never* assume that once the UTC has just
> approved a new character that it will be in the next version of
> Unicode.

I got quite a few messages like this when UTC approved the legacy
computing characters in L2/19-025 last January. Great, that means I'll
be able to start using and exchanging them in March, when Unicode 12.1
is released, right? Uh, no:

1. What Ken said above.

2. Unicode 12.1 was always just about the Reiwa sign.

3. Even when 13 comes out, fonts won't be immediately and magically
updated to include them.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org