Will TAGALOG LETTER RA, currently in the pipeline, be in the next version of Unicode?

Markus Scherer via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Oct 11 11:50:16 CDT 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 4:37 AM Fred Brennan via Unicode <
unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> Many users are asking me and I'm not sure of the answer (nor how to find
> it
> out).

You can find out by looking at the data files that are being developed for
Unicode 13.
Look at the latest UnicodeData.txt in
https://www.unicode.org/Public/13.0.0/ucd/

I don't see a TAGALOG LETTER RA there.

DerivedAge.txt there shows Tagalog characters only from Unicode 3.2.

The next place to check would be the pipeline page:
https://www.unicode.org/alloc/Pipeline.html

It shows TAGALOG LETTER RA in the section "Characters Accepted or In Ballot
for Future Versions".
UTC accepted it just in July of this year, but it's not yet in ISO ballot.

If all goes well, it could go into Unicode 14, March 2021.

Best regards,
markus