SHEQEL and L2/19-291

James Kass via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jul 24 21:52:02 CDT 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_new_shekel

"With the issuing of the third series, the Bank of Israel has adopted
the standard English spelling of shekel and plural shekels for its
currency.[30] Previously, the Bank had formally used the Hebrew
transcriptions of sheqel and sheqalim (from שְׁקָלִים‎).[31]"

BTW, Google flags "sheqel" in its search box as an incorrect spelling.