Ancient Greek apostrophe marking elision

Michael Everson via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sat Jan 26 18:32:43 CST 2019

I’ll be publishing a translation of Alice into Ancient Greek in due course. I will absolutely only use U+2019 for the apostrophe. It would be wrong for lots of reasons to use U+02BC for this.

Moreover, implementations of U+02BC need to be revised. In the context of Polynesian languages, it is impossible to use U+02BC if it is _identical_ to U+2019. Readers cannot work out what is what. I will prepare documentation on this in due course.