Encoding italic

James Kass via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Feb 11 23:23:48 CST 2019

Philippe Verdy wrote,

 >>> case mappings,
 >>
 >> Adjust them as needed.
 >
 > Not so easy: case mappings cannot be fixed. They are stabilized in
Unicode.
 > You would need special casing rules under a specific "locale" for maths.

In BabelPad, I can select a string of text and convert it to math
italics.  If upper case italics is desired, it would be necessary to
select the text, convert it back to ASCII, convert it to upper case, and
convert that upper case to math italics.  Casing the math alphanumerics
doesn’t seem to present any problem.  Any program could make those
interim steps invisible to the end user.

(With VS14, BabelTags mark-up, or new control character(s)—casing isn’t
even an issue.)