Proposal for BiDi in terminal emulators

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Feb 3 11:45:06 CST 2019

On Sun, 03 Feb 2019 18:14:53 +0200
Eli Zaretskii via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 02:43:06 +0000
> > Cc: Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14 at telia.com>
> > From: Richard Wordingham via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org>
> >
> > So, what do you recommend I run grep from for Hebrew or Tai Lue?
>
> Inside Emacs, of course: "M-x grep RET" etc.

That assumes you like using bindings for all the commands; I don't.
Command recall and having completion options serve me very well.  Your
suggestion comes unstuck when I attempt to switch between the window's
keyboard and the MULE keyboard in the middle of the command.  'M-x'
isn't recursive. Still, your suggestion should be useful for grepping
for ASCII stuff.