Fallback for Sinhala Consonant Clusters

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Oct 16 19:04:19 CDT 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 22:00:18 +1100
Harshula via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> When a font is missing a glyph during an *explicit* conjunct lookup,
> it appears the most accurate solution is to display the missing glyph
> symbol.

However, I don't believe that that is the most useful solution, and it
certainly isn't when composing 'plain text'.  Now, if one is composing
the font that will be used to read the text as one writes the text, it
may have some benefit; it may also have some benefit if one can select
the font that will be used, and a suitable font is available.