Unicode Emoji 11.0 characters now ready for adoption!

via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Mar 9 10:21:31 CST 2018

On 09.03.2018 09:17, Philippe Verdy via Unicode wrote:
> This still leaves the question about how to write personal names !
> IDS alone cannot represent them without enabling some "reasonable"
> ligaturing (they dont have to match the exact strokes variants for
> optimal placement, or with all possible simplifications).
> Im curious to know how China, Taiwan, Singapore or Japan handle this
> (for official records or in banks): like our personal signatures (as
> digital images), and then using a simplified official record
> (including the registration of romanized names)?

> <unicode at unicode.org [2]>:

In mainliand China the full back is to use pinyin capitals without tone
marks, so ASCII. Passport have names printed in both Chinese characters
and capitalised pinyin, both are legally valid. ID cards which people
get when they turn 16 have the names in printed Chinese characters only.
So these I assume must be printed using a system that has some
characters not in UCS. Banks certainly don't have all these extra
characters so they use capitalised pinyin for any characters they can
not type.

Japan in CJK Ext F had 1,645 characters which included all characters
required for names of poeple and places. So there should be no need for
a fallback system, Unicode is enough, now

John Knightley