Unicode Emoji 11.0 characters now ready for adoption!

via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Mar 7 19:42:38 CST 2018

Dear Richard,

to the best of my knowledge virtually no new characters used just for
names are under consideration, all the ones that are under consideration
are from before this century. Some are only being submitted now, but
that does not mean they are new in real life, just new to Unicode. Place
names tend to be even older.

Regards
John