[Unicode] Re: Fonts and font sizes used in the Unicode

Markus Scherer via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Mar 5 11:39:41 CST 2018

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 9:03 AM, suzuki toshiya via Unicode <
unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> I have a question; if some people try to make a
> translated version of Unicode, they should contact
> all font contributors and ask for the license?
> Unicode Consortium cannot give any sublicense?

If you want to translate the Unicode Standard or its companion standards
(UAX, UTS, ...), then please contact the Unicode Consortium.

Thus, I guess, it would not be so irrelevant to ask
> the permission to JTC1, about the fonts used in
> ISO/IEC 10646 - although it does not mean that
> JTC1 would permit anything. If I'm misunderstanding,
> please correct me.

The production of the ISO 10646 standard is done by the Unicode Consortium.
I am fuzzy on what exactly that means for copyright. If you need to find
out, then please contact the consortium.

markus