Unicode Emoji 11.0 characters now ready for adoption!

Mark Davis ☕️ via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Mar 2 09:26:18 CST 2018

No, the patterns should always have the right format. However, in the
supplemental data there is information as to the preferred data for each
language. This data isn't collected through the ST, so a ticket needs to be
filed.

In your particular case, the data has:

<hours
 preferred="H"
 allowed="H hB"
 regions="AD AM AO AT AW BE BF BJ BL BR CG CI CV DE EE FR GA GF GN GP GW HR
IL IT KZ MC MD MF MQ MZ NC NL PM PT RE RO SI SM SR ST TG TR WF YT"/>

If DE just doesn't use hB, then you can file a ticket to say that it
shouldn't be in @allowed.

Note that the format permits either regions or locales, as in:

<hours
 preferred="H"
 allowed="H h hB"
 regions="CF CM LU NP PF SC SN TF ca_ES gl_ES"/>

As to involvement, we try to encourage interaction on the forum. In some
languages those are quite active; in others not so much. (BTW, a number of
your suggestions made sense to me, but not being a native German speaker, I
don't weigh in on de.xml except for structural issues or where people seem
to miss the intent.) So people may look at the forum, disagree with the
proposal, but not respond why they disagree.

Mark