L2-11/059 and L2/13‐153 (was: Variation Sequences (and L2-11/059))

Janusz S. Bień via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Jul 29 23:41:00 CDT 2018

On Mon, Jul 16 2018 at  7:07 +0200, jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl writes:

[...]

> To the best of my knowledge, the only attempt to introduce additional
> variation sequences was the strongly criticised Karl Pentzlin's proposal
> L2-11/059
>
> http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2011/11059-latin-cyr-var.pdf
>
> What has happen to it? I don't remember any information about it on the
> list.

Anybody willing to share his knowledge on this topic?

Looking for something else I found

L2/13‐153

Proposal to Use Standardized Variation Sequences to Encode Church
Slavonic Glyph Variants in Unicode
https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2013/13153-variants.pdf

I don't remember the proposal being discussed on the list and I was
unable to find any trace of a discussion in the list archives. Is my memory
correct?

I found also

L2/13‐164
Expert Feedback on Cyrillic proposals...
https://www.unicode.org/L2/L2013/13164-cyrillic-fdbk.pdf

containing interesting comments on VS by David Birnbaum.

I understand L2/13‐153 and L2/13-153 has been rejected, but I would be
happy to have more information about it.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,