0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Wed Jan 24 21:41:02 CST 2018

Great but then why sticking on a pure western subset (ASCII is mostly for
US only). If he wants to be eastern, so choose ISO 8859-2.

As a bonus, banning the apostrophe from the alphabet will have be security
improvement (thing about the many cases where ASCII apostrophes are used as
string delimiters in various programming and markup languages, and how
frequently text variables  get simply surrounded by ASCII quotes as if the
text did not contain them: less frequent problems if the natural
orthography avoids it. Less problems for processing texts internationally
(think about technical documents, and air navigation, where local place
names are inserted; even if these systems use UTF-8, the quotes will still
need escaping and escaping mechanisms are not so universal...).

: