0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 23 11:58:12 CST 2018

Ukainian should follow the romanisation model used by Serbian which is
clear for them and coherent with other uses in Eastern Europe: carons for
modified consonnants, and acute accents (sometimes double acute in
Hungarian) for vowels. Even if they want support with a legacy 8-bit
charset, ISO 3166-2 or windows codepage 1250 would work for them without
much complication.

But there it's like if they wanted to do like German ignoring umlauts
completely and using digrams with "e" instead, and ignore ess-tsetts and
use digrams "ss" everywhere. This looks like a big return backward to the
old age of ASCII-only "typography" of the 1960's (when also French or
Italian were sometimes represented with their acute accents replaced by
ugly digrams with apostrophes...)

: