0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

James Kass via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 23 00:45:29 CST 2018

For me, having to go around justifying my whims would probably take
some of the fun out of being an authoritarian ruler.

Which suggests that the apostrophe decision can be revised with no
explanation expected, even though a simple explanation exists.
Changing from the apostrophe to the combining acute accent above is,
after all, essentially turning the apostrophe at a slight angle and
writing it above the letter it modifies.  This would not represent a
reversed decision, simply a change in the style in which the already
selected modifier is written.