0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Phake Nick via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Jan 21 21:35:16 CST 2018

It's probably still too difficult to input a character with umlaut for
general people in 2018, like the official Chinese romanization system used
the character "ü", but because it's so hard to be input or process many
people in many occasion just use "v" instead and more recently standarised
"yu" as a replacement for the character. There are language-dependent
keyboards for French or German with special keys or deadkeys that help
input these umlauts, but they are language dependent and it is not possible
for e.g. a regular American user using Windows to simply type them out, at
least not without prior knowledge about these umlauts.