Emoji for major planets at least?

Christoph Päper via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jan 19 08:16:05 CST 2018

Asmus Freytag:

> Saturn, with its rings (even though it's no longer the only one known
> with rings) also is iconic and highly recognizable. I lack imagination
> as to when someone would want to use it in communication, but I have the
> same issue with quite a few recent emoji, some of which are far less
> iconic or recognizable. I think it does lend itself to describe a
> "non-earth" type planet, or even the generic idea of a planet (as
> opposed to a star/sun).

For what it's worth, the Sky Web logo was a planet with a ring or orbit and it was included in the J-Phone, later Vodafone then SoftBank, emoji set at position F-75 (next to the paperplane for their Skywalker service). As a proprietary logo, it was not included in the final proposal emerging from the emoji4unicode project, but it was documented as e-E78, EMOJI COMPATIBILITY SYMBOL-58.

<http://www.unicode.org/~scherer/emoji4unicode/snapshot/full.html#e-E78>

The image was animated where possible.

<https://mail.google.com/mail/e/E78>