Emoji for major planets at least?

Richard Wordingham via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jan 19 02:42:44 CST 2018

On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 02:12:04 +0100
Pierpaolo Bernardi via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Aleksey Tulinov via Unicode
> <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:
> > Perhaps we all shall stop being ironical to each other, calm down,
> > sit and discuss how to encode 3D animated emojies (animojies) in
> > Unicode. Adopting something like COLLADA would be sweet. I guess
> > COLLADA, being XML-based standard, already can be encoded by
> > Unicode, so it shouldn't be a lot of hustle, just some paper work,
> > right?
>
> What???  No MPEG-4?
>
> COLLADA is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't encode
> sounds!

Isn't there the issue that Unicode is supposed to encode writing?  I
only see two secure precedents for the encoding of multimedia emoji:

1) Korean compatibility ideographs which differ only in pronunciation

2) Character-level mark-up by CGJ for collation to distinguish German
umlaut and diaeresis (if they are truly indistinguishable in all
styles) and by CGJ to distinguish strings for the purposes of
collation.  (Soft hyphens are also usable in this rôle.)

Of course, multimedia *glyphs* are permitted.  Of course, it's rather
tricky to print animated glyphs using muggle inks.