Unifying E_Modifier and Extend in UAX 29 (i.e. the necessity of GB10)

Manish Goregaokar via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Jan 2 03:32:27 CST 2018

> Note: we are already planning to get rid of the GAZ/EBG distinction (
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/tr29-32.html#GB10) in any event.

This is great! I hadn't noticed this when I last saw that draft (I was
focusing on the Virama stuff). Good to know!

> Instead, we'd add one line to
*Extend <http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/tr29-32.html#Extend>:*

Yeah, this is essentially what I was hoping we could do.

Is there any way to formally propose this? Or is bringing it up here good
enough?

Thanks,

-Manish