0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Martin J. Dürst via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Feb 23 01:17:31 CST 2018

On 2018/02/21 12:15, Michael Everson via Unicode wrote:
> I absolutely disagree. There’s a whole lot of related languages out there, and the speakers share some things in common. Orthographic harmonization between these languages can ONLY help any speaker of one to access information in any of the others. That expands people’s worlds. That would be a good goal.

It's definitely a good goal. But it's not rocket science to learn the
different orthographies. If the languages are similar, then different
orthographies are just a minor nuisance. As an example, German and Dutch
also have different orthographies, but that's really a very minor issue
when learning one language from the other even though these languages
are very close.

Regards,   Martin.