0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Feb 20 21:38:25 CST 2018

That's true, this area is a mix of cultures and ethnies, some of them in
troubles/conflicts, and creating additional linguistic problems, or trying
to block communication between them will not help make the situation more
peaceful.
So yes the "divide to conquer" is a probable intent, but also the desire to
strike a part of the history of the country. We'll then remember in a few
decennials what this attempt created: just more complication and more costs
for everyone.
Experience has shown that people will continue to maintain their culture
(see what happened after 70 years of USSR, religions and languages were not
forgotten at all), independantly of what their government do and such
reform will never succeeds compeltely before several centuries and only
after a long period of peace, where people will want to reconciliate, and
will then reinvent a common way of speaking to each other (with less
control by the government itself) by volunteer adoption rather than imposed
laws. Going to Latin, why not, but as long as there's a large compatibility
with the past and no added ambiguities, and a smooth transition is possible
so that people can take the time to understand it and adopt it.