0027, 02BC, 2019, or a new character?

Philippe Verdy via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Tue Feb 20 20:19:48 CST 2018

I call that more isolationism: If I can uncerstand the political reasons
for not looking like Turkish, why then do they use the dotless i in this
last version (not distinguished however from the dotted i in capital) ?
This is not just a transliteration, this is also a proposal to do at the
same time an simplification of the orthography by reducing the alphabet.

They'll have the troubles with people's names and new cases of homonymies,
causing adminsitrative difficulties for these people... When other
countries are now going to the inverse direction (accepting to extend their
alphabet by adding more letters or distinguishing variants, and then treat
ortrhographic simplifications not globally but on selected lists of terms
studied by their local linguistic authorities, and otherwise allowing or
demanding simplifications only on selected applications), here it is the
reverse: create an alphabet that will not look like Turkish, not like
Russian, not like other Eastern European languages, and also not like their
own national language, clearing a singificant part of its history. All the
difficulties coming at the same time and that will cost them a lot, because
there's no place at all for transition and adaptation !