metric for block coverage

Janusz S. Bień via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Sun Feb 18 10:45:36 CST 2018

On Sun, Feb 18 2018 at 17:33 CET, eliz at gnu.org writes:
>> Cc: unicode-request at unicode.org
>> Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:35:00 +0100
>> From: "Janusz S. Bień via Unicode" <unicode at unicode.org>
>>
>> As a Debian user using some rare characters for old Polish
>> transliteration I would be happy with a tool which scans
>> available/installed fonts for a specific list of characters and shows
>> only those fonts which support the whole list. Of course showing also
>> the characters in question would be very desirable.
>
> I'm sure you know about BabelMap.  It has such a feature.

Yes, I know about BabelMap, but was not aware of the feature. Thank you.

I'm interested in a tool for Linux. I suppose BabelMap can be run on
Linux with Wine, but will this feature work in such a situation? I can
of course make a try, but have practically no experience with Wine.

Best regards

Janusz

--
                           ,
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien -  Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)