Private Use areas

Janusz S. Bień via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Thu Aug 23 07:10:35 CDT 2018

On Tue, Aug 21 2018 at 11:23 -0700, unicode at unicode.org writes:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Janusz S. Bień via Unicode <unicode at unicode.org> wrote:
>
>  I think PUA users should provide the
>  properties of the characters used in a form analogical to the Unicode
>  itself, and the software should be able to use this additional
>  information.
>
> I already provide this myself for my uses of the PUA as well as the
> CSUR and any vendor-specific agreements I can find:
>
> http://www.kreativekorp.com/charset/PUADATA/

I would prefer to see the data in a repository, so others can can
comment and contribute.

As for "any vendor-specific agreements", do MUFI and LINCUA qualify?

https://folk.uib.no/hnooh/mufi/
http://andron-typeforum.xobor.de/t10f13-Towards-a-linguistic-corporate-use-area-LINCUA.html

> Of course there is no way to get software to use this information.

What kind of software do you have in mind?

I'm primarily interested in the locally developed programs

https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/unihistext/

https://bitbucket.org/jsbien/fntsample-fork-with-ucd-comments/

and in Emacs - to my disappointed it looks like the Unicode data are set
at the compile time, but perhaps this can be negotiated with the
developers.

Best regards

Janusz

--