Unicode Emoji 5.0 characters now final

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 28 05:36:40 CDT 2017

I note this in TR32
*3.2 Unicode Locale Identifier
<http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/index.html#Unicode_locale_identifier>*

EBNF
ABNF

unicode_locale_id
<http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/index.html#unicode_locale_id> =
unicode_language_id
  (transformed_extensions
  unicode_locale_extensions?
  transformed_extensions?) ; = unicode_language_id
  ([trasformed_extensions
  [unicode_locale_extensions]]
/ [unicode_locale_extensions
  [transformed_extensions]])

* first there's a typo in the ABNF syntax ("trasformed")
* the syntax is not strictly equivalent, or the ABNF is unnecessarily not
context-free

It should better be:

EBNF
ABNF

unicode_locale_id
<http://unicode.org/reports/tr35/index.html#unicode_locale_id> =
unicode_language_id
 (transformed_extensions
  unicode_locale_extensions?
| unicode_locale_extensions
  transformed_extensions?)?; = unicode_language_id
 [transformed_extensions
  [unicode_locale_extensions]
/ unicode_locale_extensions
  [transformed_extensions]]