Stokoe Notation (sign language)

gfb hjjhjh c933103 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:15:42 CST 2017

According to Wikipedia, that's what exactly the Stokoe notation is. quoted
below:

The Stokoe notation is mostly restricted to linguists and academics. The
notation is arranged linearly on the page and can be written with a
typewriter that has the proper font installed. Unlike SignWriting
</wiki/SignWriting> or the Hamburg Notation System
</wiki/Hamburg_Notation_System>, it is based on the Latin alphabet
</wiki/Latin_alphabet> and is phonemic </wiki/Phoneme>, being restricted to
the symbols needed to meet the requirements of ASL (or extended to BSL,
etc.) rather than accommodating all possible signs. For example, there is a
single symbol for circling movement, regardless of whether the plane of the
movement is horizontal or vertical.

*Writing direction*

Stokoe notation is written horizontally left to right like the Latin
alphabet (plus limited vertical stacking of movement symbols, and some
diacritical marks written above or below other symbols). This contrasts
with SignWriting </wiki/SignWriting>, which is written vertically from top
to bottom (plus partially free two-dimensional placement of components
within the writing of a single sign).

2017年3月7日 10:05 於 "Philippe Verdy" <verdy_p at wanadoo.fr> 寫道: