Stokoe Notation (sign language)

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 6 19:59:28 CST 2017

And probably the same question could be asked again for the few other sign
languages notations (at least those listed in Wikipedia), but I wonder if
some of them may just be variants/simplifications of SingWriting, but more
usable in handwritten text, or not needing complax layouts for precise
reproduction of gesture (in a way similar to alphabets for spoken languages
that simplify a lot the actual phonetic representation, or even the
phonemic one).

It seems that those simplified alphabet-like notations are much easier to
encode, than the long waited complex SignWriting notation. In addition they
could already use existing font technics without complex development (and
already some of them already have working fonts, usable on vaerious
systems, so they should already become interoperable).