Unicode education in UK Schools

Marcel Schneider via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Fri Jul 14 19:32:44 CDT 2017

On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 16:14:04 +0100 (BST), William_J_G Overington via Unicode wrote:

[…]

> For example, it mentioned the u diaeresis used in French, though I learned later that words that have a u diaeresis in French are rather rare.

Today, words containing 'u diaeresis' have become more frequent in French, since last fall (2016) a reformed orthography designed as soon
as in 1990 [1] has become valid (though it is not mandatory [2]). Among the novelties, it specifies that words like "to disambiguate" have

Kind regards,

Marcel

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reforms_of_French_orthography#Tr.C3.A9ma
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reforms_of_French_orthography#cite_note-6