LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SHARP S officially recognized

Otto Stolz via Unicode unicode at unicode.org
Mon Jul 3 12:01:38 CDT 2017

Hello,

am 2017-06-30 um 17:34 Uhr hat Michael Everson geschrieben:
> It would be sensible to case-map ß to ẞ however.

Since German ist the only language using “ß” (if I am
not mistaken), Unicode should comply with the official
German orthographic rules with respect to this letter.

As I have reported to this list, § 25 E3 of the official
German spelling rules clearly give preference to “SS”
as the uppercase equivalent for “ß”. And before the latest
(2017) update of those rules, “ẞ” was not allowed, at all.

Best wishes,
    Otto