Curly Lips Code Point Proposal

Leonardo Boiko leoboiko at namakajiri.net
Tue Jan 24 22:44:20 CST 2017

Undoubtedly so.  That's why U+1F481 INFORMATION DESK PERSON �� is listed
with the keyword "sassy" in the Unicode emoji table (besides "tipping
hand").  Which helps a lot, because the keywords are used by input methods
to search characters; if no one bothered to keep track of how people are
using emoji, then people would try looking for the "sassy" gesture and find
nothing, and they'd have to learn that it's called "information desk
person", even though no one uses it with this meaning.

Precisely because language (and symbolic systems like emoji) are in flux,
it's a good idea trying to document how it's used.