Superscript and Subscript Characters in General Use

Marcel Schneider charupdate at orange.fr
Fri Jan 13 19:18:01 CST 2017

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 17:01:41 +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> LibreOffice indeed did not use HarfBuzz on Windows before 5.3, which is
> not released yet.

Is the integration of HarfBuzz limited to free software?
And what might be the reason of the delayed integration of HarfBuzz in the
Windows version of LibreOffice?

While the lastly cited “Fraction slash U+2044 and fonts” thread on the
BÉPO community (Ergodis association) mailing list reviewed mainly free fonts,
I find on my netbook on Windows 7 the following fonts that work correctly:
• Calibri
• Calibri Light
• Cambria
• Cambria Math
• Candara
• Consolas
• Constantia
• Corbel
• Gabriola
• Palatino Linotype
besides:
• Source Code Pro
• Source Sans Pro

➔ Is there any evidence about on-going efforts to update Times New Roman?

I believe that an outdated typeface, as is actually Times New Roman, is
inappropriate for the Unicode Mail Archives.

Regards,
Marcel