Bidi: inserting Japanese paragraphs in Arabic/Farsi document

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 27 10:33:12 CST 2016

richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com>:

> > They will be effectively "mirrored" by the keyboard, as I described.
>
> Except that a visual keyboard for an RTL writing system is highly unlikely
> have U+300C and U+300D.

I spoke about multilingula documents where you'll mix Japanese into Arabic
(or the reverse).

The keyboard capability does not matter at all because a "keyboard for an
RTL writing system" will also not support any one of the characters needed
for a Japanese citation (this is not just these two punctuation characters).