Adding half-star to Unicode?

Garth Wallace gwalla at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:01:18 CDT 2016

But precedent is for separate WITH LEFT HALF BLACK and WITH RIGHT HALF
BLACK geometric shapes.

Also, I'm not sure if the BLACK HALF STAR and STAR WITH LEFT HALF BLACK are
entirely interchangeable. I usually see the former in situations using a
variable number of glyphs, where the number of glyphs shows the rating, as
in:

★
★★★
★★★★★

while I see the latter in ratings with a fixed number of glyphs, where the
number of *filled* glyphs shows the rating, as in:

★☆☆☆☆
★★★☆☆
★★★★★

It seems like either would work in the first case, but the LEFT HALF STAR
would be awkward in the second.