Usage stats?

John D. Burger john at mitre.org
Fri Mar 27 15:23:17 CDT 2015

On Mar 27, 2015, at 15:57 , Michael Norton <michaelanortonster at gmail.com <mailto:michaelanortonster at gmail.com>> wrote:

> Why wouldn't Unicode itself have it?

Because as Ken explained, acquiring (and constantly updating) such statistics would require roughly the effort that Google puts into its crawler. And it wouldn't include all the printed material that isn't on the web.

Turning your question around, why would Unicode have this information? What would be the value, and how would it be worth the (considerable) effort required?

- John Burger
  MITRE