Adding RAINBOW FLAG to Unicode

Noah Slater nslater at tumbolia.org
Sat Jun 27 17:51:27 CDT 2015

Thanks to Philippe for the addition of technical arguments in favour of a
new code point. This is... a little beyond me. (Though fascinating
reading!) I would particularly like to add me +1 to the knock-on effect
this would have on downstream vendors. (I would like to see this become a
standard emoji, and I'd like us to take whatever action increases the
chances of that.)

I did just want to respond to the "slippery slope" comment.

Firstly to note that this is the name of a logical fallacy :) and that it
is a fallacy because it presume that people are unable to make reasonable
judgements calls.

As it happens, the Consortium appears to have mechanisms in place precisely
to handle this sort of thing.

When I mentioned my email to a queer friend, they asked if I might propose
other pride flags (as there are many). As I pointed out to them, I would be
happy to do so, should I be able to justify their inclusion in accordance
with Annex C. (As it stands, I am not sure any of them receive wide enough
applicable use for that, though perhaps there is evidence to the contrary)