Language tags redux (was: Re: About cultural/languages communities flags)

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 13 11:09:52 CST 2015

I do not propose it as a "language markup" but only as "visible" icons
(independant of the language markup used in text), similar to RIS icons in
the Emoji set.

This is *not* the same usage. In other words, these icons may be rendered
with *translated* levels inside, or localized locally to the appropriate
culture (just like flag icons) to represent the same "referenced language"
(not necessarily the same "used language" in the document, with the
language markup...