Code charts and code points

Jukka K. Korpela jkorpela at cs.tut.fi
Fri Oct 24 07:15:49 CDT 2014

2014-10-24 15:05, Shriramana Sharma wrote:

> Hi Martin. If you haven't noticed it before, opening Unicode charts in
> PDF readers has something like "SECURED" on the top i.o.w. the charts
> are sorta DRM-protected. So you can't copy-paste the characters. Heck
> you can't even copy-paste the character *names*!

“SECURED” means that there are *some* protections. As I wrote in my
earlier message, I had no difficulties in copying characters from a
chart. It is flagged as “SECURED”, but looking at its properties in
Adobe Reader (Ctrl+D), I see copying as allowed but e.g. commenting as
disallowed.

The following was copied directly from a chart into this message, so
copying the characters and the names is surely possible (though not
necessarily in every program):

1F650 �� NORTH WEST POINTING LEAF

Yucca