Code charts and code points (was: Re: fonts for U7.0 scripts)

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:11:09 CDT 2014

Looks like I spoke too soon -- I seem to distinctly remember this
behaviour from earlier versions (or am I misremembering?!!!) but
Unicode 7.0 charts don't seem to be this way... And SMP glyphs seem to
be mapped to PUA chars. Not really ideal...

BTW for older versions, individual blockwise charts don't seem to be
available. I would presume the total size of individual blockwise
charts isn't too much higher than the single
http://www.unicode.org/Public/6.2.0/charts/ and Unicode versions
aren't that too many anyway -- can we have individual block charts in
archival rather than having to download 92 MB please? (In Asia the
broadband speeds aren't all that fast...)

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा