Terms for rotations

Ilya Zakharevich nospam-abuse at ilyaz.org
Mon Nov 10 18:14:01 CST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:43:05AM +0100, Jean-François Colson wrote:
> >   (I believe that people associate left ↔ counterclockwise etc only
> >    because for many shapes, visually, the bottom is just a pedestal
> >    for the top.  So you “grab” the shape “on top”.]
>
> Look at this picture: http://www.permisecole.com/code-route/priorites/faux-carrefour-a-sens-giratoire.jpg
> Imagine you sit in this car and you want to turn RIGHT. What will
> you do? Will you turn the driving wheel clockwise or
> counterclockwise?

It is not clear what you mean here.  Should I take into account that
the car is parked (judging by the hands being not on the steering
wheel in 1:51 position)?  (And parked where parking is more or less
clearly illegal?)  Should I take into account that the previous
stretch of the road is curving right, but the current short segment is
straight?

  [You see: currently, I teach very small kids, and try to make my
   problems as unambiguous as possible.  ;-]

Ilya