["Unicode"] tablature characters for the Chinese guqin

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu May 29 23:50:02 CDT 2014

Dear Werner,

China National Body had ever reported that they had a plan to
encode the character for the tablature, in IRG:
http://appsrv.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg32/IRGN1574_ChinaActivityReportIRG32.doc

When I asked the progress of the plan in later IRG meeting,
they commented "nothing to report in the project". I wish if
there is something ongoing in Chinese Character Repertoire
project (oh, it was announced to be finished in 2015!).

BTW, a few (only one?) characters for the latter style are
sampled in a normal dictionary "CiYuan", and will be included
in CJK Unified Ideograph Extension F. However, I don't think
encoding only one glyph for the tablature is so useful -
there is any avantgarde number using only one note?

Regards,
mpsuzuki

P.S.
Attached is IRG42 t-shirt of a tablature(?) taken from Dunhuang
manuscript (Pelliot P3808).