Swift

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 18:03:10 CDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM, J. Leslie Turriff
<jlturriff at centurylink.net> wrote:
>         All true; but do any languages allow for keywords (if, then, else, do, while,
> until, end, iterate, leave, call return, exit,...) to be expressed in the
> programmer's locale?

Both ALGOL 60 and ALGOL 68 had compiler dependent source
representations, so the Europeans could use their own words for
keywords and use commas as decimal points. I'm pretty sure no one had
invented the concept of a user's locale yet, but it would probably
come configured for whatever local locale you wanted. (I assume for a
machine that cost $14 million in 1966, such adjustments could be made
for a single customer.)

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.