Aw: Astrological symbol for Pluto?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 07:14:39 CST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Frédéric Grosshans <
frederic.grosshans at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Actually, it is sourced (with the other symbils) to
> http://www.uranian-institute.org/bfglyphs.htm , which lists no less than
> 4 symbols for Pluto...

In any case, it seems its astronomical symbol was encoded quite early
(DerivedAge = 1.1) which was before the 2006 IAU decision to demote it to
dwarf planet status. Of course, even if it were encoded today I'm sure it
would be the only dwarf planet to have a symbol encoded since no other
dwarf planet has captured the common man's imagination (and basic
knowledge) like Pluto, and I have not heard any of the other dwarf planets
(Ceres, Haumea, Makemake and Eris) having any symbols...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा