Fwd: how to set default English numerals with Indic text in Coreldraw

John Hudson via Indic indic at unicode.org
Tue Jan 7 09:52:47 CST 2020

On 07012020 4:01 am, हरिराम via Indic wrote:
> In coreldraw all the numerals are auto-converted to Devanagari
> numerals? Where as as per Govt. of India uses, All numerals with all
> Indic scripts should be ASCII numerals.
>
> We require: How to set Default Numerals as ASCII only, with all the
> Indic texts. There is not any question of IME

There is a similar feature in Adobe InDesign to use 'native numerals' —
and also localised punctuation style — based on script and language
selection, but this can be turned off in Preferences. Check to see
whether there is a way to disable this in Coreldraw's preference
settings. If not, I think you will need to contact Corel regarding this,
and request that they make this auto-conversion optional.

JH

--

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com
Salish Sea, BC        tiro at tiro.com

NOTE: In the interests of productivity, I am currently
dealing with email on only two days per week, usually
Monday and Thursday unless this schedule is disrupted
by travel. If you need to contact me urgently, please
use some other method of communication. Thank you.