Fwd: how to set default English numerals with Indic text in Coreldraw

आनंदकुमारशर्मा@सीडैकजिस्ट.भारत via Indic indic at unicode.org
Tue Jan 7 04:01:29 CST 2020

Try to input using different Vendor IME like Microsoft using Phonetic
Typing .

*I have tried using Phonetic Typing method using different Vendor it
worked flawless on Corel X6 .*

You can try : http://www.ildc.in/download/UnicodeTypingTool.zip

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/bhashaindia/downloads.aspx

Please try this and let us know whether you managed to input English
numeral using Phonetic Typing .

On 07-01-2020 15:20, हरिराम via Indic wrote:
> - I use Windows 10 64bit
> - & OS Inbuit Inscript Keyboard layout with Indic Languages.
> - In MS Office, Gmail, Databases, etc. all applications, Hindi and
> other Indic text is appearing with ASCII Numerals only.
>
> - But in Coreldraw,
> Indic Unicode text is appearing as raw encoded text without rendering
> any conjuncts and matraa etc.
> - text update button has to be used to display text with correct
> rendering, and after update the Numerals are automatically changed to
> Indic Language's Numeral
>
> - This is the process,  what coreldraw uses for displaying in
> rendering Asian Scrips.
> - It is required to use only ASCII (English) Numerals with Indic text
> in India, as Govt. of India prefers to use only ASCII (English)
> Numerals with all Indic scripts.
>
> - This problem is also appears in placed or imported or copy-pasted
> text from other applications.
>
> - But coreldraw changes all Numerals to concerned Language Numerals.
>
> - Global Find and Replace also does not work in Coreldraw. The "Find
> and Replace all" feature is limited to one object/frame only.
> So with Indic global find and replace the Numerals can not be
> converted manually in ASCII Numerals. Everytime
>
> Hot to set ASCII Numerals as default with Indic Scripts Coreldraw?
>
> Regards.
>
> Hariram
> प्रगत भारत <http://hariraama.blogspot.in>
>

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
> <mailto:maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu>> wrote:
>

>     I doubt that CorelDraw is handling this; more likely your operating
>     system is providing a keyboard handler for Hindi.  And it is almost
>     certainly outputting Unicode characters.
>
>     In order for people to help, you need to say what operating system
>     you're using (Windows 7, Windows 10, some version of Linux, some
>     version
>     of iOS), and what keyboard you have set up in the OS.  To find the
>     keyboard in Windows, you would do something like opening the control
>     panel (older versions of Windows) or the Settings panel (newer
>     versions
>     of Windows), and go to the keyboard setting.  While you're there, you
>     might see if the keyboard program has a setting for outputting ASCII
>     numerals rather than Devanagari ones, which would solve your problem.
>     If not--or if you're using some other OS--then you could come back
>     here
>     with that additional information.
>
>         Mike Maxwell

*Disclaimer :* Software testing of the mentioned software items/
modules/system has been undertaken based on the information (Verbal/
Written/ derived) provided to/ sought by QA team. Comprehensive software
testing/ quality assurance is time and resource consuming task. All due
efforts are taken while testing the items/ modules/systems. However, it
is nearly impossible to anticipate/cover each and every aspect of the
system function/ scenario’s/ user inputs / user behavior, etc. during
testing efforts. It is also impossible to test the software items/
modules/system on all platforms/ combination of technologies. All the
Testing reports/ Test results/ Test status/ any other details about
testing and testing process are prepared based on time which was
available for testing and available information. Software product owner/
other concerned stakeholder may take further decisions considering this
aspect. C-DAC disclaims any issues whatsoever arising out of testing
efforts from QA team

Thanks and Regards|विनम्र धन्यवाद
This mail has came from desk of
Anand Kumar Sharma | आनंद कुमार शर्मा

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]